Each February the American Dental Association sponsors “National Children’s Dental Health Month” in order to teach young children and reminding parents of the value of good oral health. We think this is a worthy mission and want to do our part in educating our community!
The most important preventive step against childhood periodontal disease is to establish good oral health habits at an early age. So check out these tips to help keep your child’s teeth healthy:
1. Brush for two minutes, 2 times per day
2. Serve as a good role model by practicing good dental hygiene habits ourselves.
3. Limit sugary snacks & drinks
4. Visit the dentist regularly for checkups
5. When the gaps between children’s teeth close, it’s important to start flossing
Download and share these National Children’s Dental Health Month Posters featuring the ADA’s 2015 slogan “Defeat Monster Mouth.”