Retention is the most important part of treatment. When your appliances are removed, you will receive a set of retainers designed to stabilize and preserve the results we have achieved. Proper wear of your retainers is critical to prevent your teeth from shifting. Our Doctor recommends that retainer be worn indefinitely!
The final orthodontic result depends on consistent retainer wear, so follow through with the retainer information listed below to maintain the hard work you’ve put in so far.
How to care for your Retainer:
- Clean retainers thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush and toothpaste
- At least once a week, disinfect the retainer by soaking it in a denture cleanser
- Add the cleanser to a cup full of warm, but never hot, water.
- Thoroughly rinse the retainer with plain water before placing it back in your mouth.
- Always store your retainers in the case provided.
- Keep retainers away from hot water, hot car dashboards, pockets, the washing machine, and napkins.